My Family!

My life at Quest

Hey Everyone!

My name is Jenny and this is my blog to show you the DL on my life at Quest. I'm currently in my 4th year at Quest and I can't describe to you how much the Quest community has become part of my family. In this blog you'll get to all about me, my experiences during my 4 years at Quest, and Quest's student life. So sit back, relax, and welcome to my quest life!

Scotland, Ireland, Sweden oh my!

So it is now only 19 days till I go back home to the US for the holidays, and only a month and a half till I go back to Quest. Wales has been amazing. I have gotten to study AND travel around. I've learned that study abroad is more about the education you reach from a different institute; it's more about the experience you have living in a new culture. I can't even describe the culture here in Wales. It is different than anything I would have imagined! Everything about them is so funny; their accents, their sayings, their hobbies (i.e. rugby.... the equivalent to Canadians and curling), their mannerisms, everything! Wales is definitely a great place!
So I thought I'd share some of their ridiculously funny quotes and their translations into North American talk.

- "Who's having kittens?" - "Who is nervous?"
- "I'm going to sit in your grave." - "I'm going to take your seat when you stand up."
- "Are you okay?" - "How are you?" (This one drove me insane for at least 2 months!)
- "A fortnight ago" - "2 weeks ago"

When I think of more, I'll post them. But OMG these were soooo funny to hear. Everytime someone said them, I have to pause a second, think, and be like "wait, what?."

Two of my most memorable experiences here were when I got to visit Edinburgh, Scottland and Galway, Ireland with a group of international students. Here are a few pics:

Edinburgh, Scotland













Galway, Ireland:










I also got to go visit Damalie, a fellow Quester, in Malmo, Sweden where she is doing a study abroad. I was sooo happy to see another person from Quest. It made it feel like home! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment