My Family!

My life at Quest

Hey Everyone!

My name is Jenny and this is my blog to show you the DL on my life at Quest. I'm currently in my 4th year at Quest and I can't describe to you how much the Quest community has become part of my family. In this blog you'll get to all about me, my experiences during my 4 years at Quest, and Quest's student life. So sit back, relax, and welcome to my quest life!

I feel it in my fingers.....

7 DAYS TO GO!!!!! Ahhhh I'm so excited for the Olympics! It's like the entire town of Squamish has transformed! All the Canadian flags are up, tourists are arriving, and the locals are filled with excitement and anticipation.



Just last night starting around 5pm, the Olympic Torch passed through Squamish. There was a huge celebrate at the local rec. center, Brennan Park where THOUSANDS of people came together to welcome it to the city. It was absolutely breathtaking! There were dancers, bands, a choir, fireworks and even a lumberjack show (hahaha soooo Canadian!). And there was a big group of Questers that came out to celebrate and represent Quest. We all got decked out in green and Quest tattoos and held signs for Quest. Regean, Toran, and Glen were all on rollerblades as well. It was a blast! But what really made the show was the welcoming of the torch. I was lucky enough to get a front row viewing of the torch carried by Squamish's own Katherine McBride, a wheelchair athlete and a dedicated volunteer for Big Brothers and Big Sisters. Before coming back to Squamish from the holidays, I was a little hesitant about working during this long break instead of getting some schooling done. But the moment I saw the torch run by me, I knew that it was all worth it. I can't believe I have the opportunity to experience these events in the heart of it all. I really can't wait!









The entire night left me speechless. I will remember it for the rest of my life! And I finally got my pair of Olympic Red Mittens! Yay! They are like the "thing" to have for the Olympics. I feel Canadian hahaha jk. I was so happy to finally get a pair. :)



And I got the chance to catch the torch again this morning as it passed through the highlands, on The Boulavard (the road leading up to Quest). Now it's on its way up to Whistler where it will stay for the remainder of the games.



These next three to five weeks are going to be amazing! I can feel it in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment